Where words have no boundaries.

Where words have no boundaries.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Music Still Is.....



As I sit here and listen to this cd, I find myself in a trance, a euphoric state of mind(and nah, it's not the Cuervo & Sprite!). "Music is my therapy". I have said this before, and true thinkers can relate to this. Music takes me to a place that no person has ever taken me before. It evokes a feeling that I find myself chasing daily, only to end up pressing play and realizing that the feeling was at the tip of my finger the whole time. Music tickles my funny bone, massages my aches, de-stresses my mind, and eradicates my tension. Music is that one thing, that one perfection, that one creation  that holds me with the same love that a mother gives to a newborn the first time she sees it. Music has been with me since day one. I think I was conceived to music, introduced to music during pregnancy, and finally met music the day I came out. In my mind, I believe she was there waiting for me to enter this world, ready to console my soul and ease my worries, prepared me for the struggles of life. Music is what keeps me sane when dealing with the George Zimmerman's of the world. Music is my little voice in my head telling me that everything is going to be ok, even when the world argues differently. Music is my all.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about music, its bring me into place and enjoy that. I always tell people music is calming whenever things get wrong and my mood is not right there a song out there that can take me there. I still listen to Lauryn Hill album such a classic

    ReplyDelete