Where words have no boundaries.

Where words have no boundaries.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Treat Her Like Heaven



This issue is based on a true story(as if my other blogs weren't! Lol). After being the ear for a close friend, I decided to speak my mind on a few things. So those that have been here before, you already know the routine. For the newcomers, kick off your shoes, relax, and enjoy yourself. As always, in the words of Hov, "what you are about to witness is my thoughts. Just my thoughts, right or wrong. Just how I was feeling at the time".

I decided to name this "Treat Her Like Heaven" because this was the song that started on my playlist, sang by the homie R. Kelly. But mainly because I found it so appropriate for the topic at hand. So I was talking to a good friend recently, and they were speaking on some things that were going on with the "home team". She stated some actions by the "home team" that baffled her as to why these actions existed. Now me being me, I refuse to take sides or bash any gender. And as always, my opinion flows freely. However some times I gotta watch what I say because I don't want to come off as hating. But at the same time, there are some things that I myself don't even understand about the mind set of some guys. If you have somebody in your corner that supports you, loves you, and truly cares for you, why would you NOT do things to make them happy. Especially if they are minor things. And when I say minor, I mean to the extent of cleaning up behind yourself or any friends/family that visits Y'ALL domain. Or even more serious, showing that you care about your significant others' well being while they are out. Or what about their happiness. Is that too much to ask? Or has the phrase "a good man" completely died. Nah it hasn't because I'm still alive and breathing, but this isn't about me.

One thing I have never understood about "us" guys is how we won't make an effort to change. I mean, is it that hard to switch things up a little. If she comes to you and say "babe, I don't like it when you do......", why can't we make a conscious effort to change our ways instead of letting it flow through one ear and out the other. I know sometimes you may think she is nagging, but if you feel your girl is nagging you because she is asking you to be a responsible adult, then you have a lot to learn. At no point should your mate be upset or stressed out over you cleaning up behind your grown ass. In my opinion, there's no legitimate excuse for it.

One thing I hate is a bugaboo. That's a parasite with insecurities. Being insecure towards my woman isn't something I am familiar with, nor is it a characteristic of a strong & confident man. Now on the flip side, not caring about the actions of your mate shows a sign of halfheartedness. Calling them 24/7 isn't the correct way to do things, but not expressing any concern whatsoever into what they have going on makes them think you don't care. Fellas, have you ever had a woman call you every hour on the hour, asking you what you were doing? Not in an accusatory tone, but she just wanted to know what was going on with you? It's not always because she's trying to be your parole officer. It's because she actually cares about you and wants to make sure you know that. But you can't see that because you are feeling as though you have no "you" time. Once she leaves your ass, you are gonna wish you could trade that "you" time in for some "us" time.

As a man, ensuring the happiness of your woman should be a top priority. You shouldn't have to bend over backwards to please her, and if there are some things that you are doing outside of ur comfort zone then they need to be addressed. But something a lotta guys refuse to believe is that showing love, care, and happiness to a woman can be more vaulable than they think. As the song says, treat her live heaven.

Anyways, I've said enuff. This Pinot Grigio has been baring my soul on paper and got me feeling some kind of way. But hey, I don't mind. I just hope my friend finds the happiness she deserves.


Please forgive me if this post doesn't seem as good as any before it. But these are raw feelings right now, mixed with inebriation. Goodnite folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment