Where words have no boundaries.

Where words have no boundaries.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

We All Gotta Go One Day...

R.I.P. To Whitney, and all the other greats that have come and gone.




I was at the crib. My homeboy was cutting my hair, the radio on in the other room. We were laughing and joking when the DJ came over the air to announce Whitney Houston's death. It was as if he didn't know how to relay the message. His mood was real somber, his voice hating to be the bearer of such bad news. I immediately looked at my Twitter, and sure enough my timeline was filled with "R.I.P. Whitney's" and "No, please tell me it can't be true's". Went to Facebook. EVERYbody and their mother were paying their respects to Whitney. Of course in this cruel, disrespectful world I saw the "crack/coke jokes" as well as insults to Bobby Brown and Bobbi Kristina. A few people texted me to see if I had heard the news. I envisioned someone in their house shedding a tear for the late Ms. Houston. She was iconic to us. Before there was Beyonce, there was Whitney. I seen a few videos today where she had the mini-skirts, big hair, and beautiful face. She created the blueprint. The thing that made me think the most though was people didn't want to believe it, didn't believe it could be true. I understand how shocking it could be, but sometimes I hear things like this and think that people don't realize that we are here temporarily. No matter who you are. I seen this on someone's twitter: "People die everyday. That's a part of life. Know it's a better place than being here and you shouldn't be sad. Every ending is a new beginning". No one lives forever. At least not in the body that you are currently in. And the phrase "Y.O.L.O.(You Only Live Once) is a cool one, but technically if your soul right you will live twice, die once. But I'm not about to preach to you. People have said that during Black History Month, we always lose great ones. People have said that there is something heavenly about the number 7. Michael Jackson, Left Eye, & Aaliyah died on the 25th. Whitney died on 2-11-12. I indeed believe that the number 7 is heavenly, but I don't think you can just group a few people with that number. In my opinion, it was their time to be called home. Just like anybody else that has passed. And just like each and every one of us will be when it's our time.


As I stated elsewhere, we all have to go. It's written. So all you can do is live right and enjoy your life. I love all of y'all. Celebrate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment