Where words have no boundaries.

Where words have no boundaries.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Marriage

It's been a minute since I came up here and blogged about this crazy world we live in. But I decided to speak on a topic real briefly. I wasn't really in a writing mood, but I managed to jot a few things down. So either enjoy it or not. You already know how I feel about that! Lol.

So I was talking to a friend about relationships and the issue of people changing after they get into a marriage came up. This is something that I don't understand, or think I ever will. Why would a person go through everything that comes along with a relationship, vow to stay with someone forever, and then change? This doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I've heard people say that it's because once you have somebody, you don't have to work as hard anymore. So my question to that is, a person would rather live miserably for the rest of their life just because they have a spouse now? And you will be living miserably because if you changed, then your spouse is not happy which SHOULD make you unhappy since y'all are one now.

This isn't the same as a female acting a certain way to get material things from a man, or a male acting a certain way until he "get the drawls" as Tommy from Martin would say. But this is a marriage. You have to deal with that person forever. But then again, a lot of people don't take marriage seriously so I can see why some of these actions take place. Now don't get me wrong, change is inevitable. Some things we can't change. But if you can't show your wife/husband the same affection that you once showed him/her when y'all were dating, then you two shouldn't have gotten together in the first place. This is the one thing that should be constant. It doesn't require you to be "ballin", nor does it require you to go out of your way. And I don't believe that a person suddenly doesn't feel the same about their mate as they did before, which becomes some peoples' lame excuse as to why they changed. That is the same person that you were dating all this time, smiling in their face and loving every minute of being with them. UNLESS you were unhappy in the first place but you put on a show just to get what you wanted(i.e. marriage). If that's the case, you need your a** whooped. Bottom line.

Now I know I'm not married so I don't know what goes on in a marriage, nor do I know what it's like to be around one person all day, every day. But does it take me to be in a marriage to have common sense? I've seen successful marriages so I know that they are possible. I can't see myself NOT wanting to hold my wife every day, NOT complimenting her on her beauty, NOT kissing her as we depart and yearning for when we will be together again. That is supposed to be your best friend. The one who is there for you no matter what, the one bright spot in your life that can illuminate even your darkest days. I feel that a lot of people don't know what they possess, don't realize how lucky they are to find someone that they want to be with forever. That alone should be enough for you to cherish them every day, the fact that somebody in this world decided that you were magnificent enough to make them choose you for a lifetime deal. If anything, now you should be going extra hard in the paint to ensure that y'all will be together forever. But anyways, these are just my opinions, something that crossed my mind while I was at work. Respect it or check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment